Dhamma Surakhetta, Surkhet Vipassana Center
“Dhamma Surrekhetta” means the area where celestial beings (“Devas”) meditate. It was eastablished in 2012. It is placed in a strategic location in the west of Nepal close to the Indian border.
The Center has following physical facilities:
- 1. Dhamma hall of capacity 50 students
- 2. There is a temporary residence that accomodates 10 male and 7 females students.
- 3. Kitchen (Temporary Struture)
- 4. Male dining room (Temporary Struture)
- 5. Female dining room (Temporary Struture)
Following facilities are under construction
- 1. Residences for 14 male students with common bath rooms and 14 female students common bath rooms.
- 2. Kitchen
- 3. Dining hall for Male & Female.
- 4. Assistant Teacher’s Residence
Individual huts containing attached bath room facilites along with individual meditation cells for 25 male students and 25 female students respectively.
There is a deficiency of fund of Rs. 3 million apporximately $ USD 30,000 (Dollar rate subject to market fluctuations)